New Features and Many Improvements in v3.3.8 of Cookies Policy GDPR Ready Joomla! plugin
Hope you all are very well.
After our conversations through support forum, VIP area, and many emails, I would like to announce the new improved version of Cookies Policy Notification Bar plugin for Joomla!.
As I promised, and of course after a few days of hard work, here is the new improved version of Cookies Policy Notification bar for Joomla!. The new version is served with two new features and many improvements based on the EU GDPR Compliance which will be implemented in a few days (25 May 2018).
As I told you also in my previous posts, with the new version of Cookies Policy Notification bar for Joomla! we are ready to meet the requirements of the GDPR, the new data protection law coming into force on May 25, 2018. It affects European and non-European businesses using online advertising and measurement solutions when their sites and apps are accessed by users in the European Economic Area (EEA).
So what’s new in this release:
18-MAY-2018 : v3.3.8
- + NEW BUTTON: The “Decline” button has been added to the notification bar. And of course is multilingual like other buttons.
- + NEW PARAMETER: Hide cookies from the cookies table (comma separated). With this new parameter, you can hide some preferred cookies from the table. This option will not block the cookies from the browser, it just hiding them.”
- + The German (de-DE) translation has been added [Many thanks to Michael Maass]
- # CSS BUG FIXED: The modal window should be displayed in front of other elements, even the notification bar.
- # BUG FIXED: Do not return a blank 500 error page, but instead display a warning message if the required extensions ‘mbstring’ and ‘iconv’ are disabled from the server.
- # JS Issue: Check if the cpnb_config variable is defined without any JS errors, and then use it.
- # BUG Fixed: Add the base URL in front of Ajax URLs to avoid 404 error pages in subpages. [Many thanks to Claudia and Tim Austin]
- # BUG FIXED: Some caching issues, after the user accepts the cookies policy, have been resolved.
- # BUG FIXED: You can change the input texts for languages even if the plugin is not published yet, without lose any translations you’ve entered before.
- # Bug Fixes for Joomla! 2.5 and backward compatibility. Some lines of code have been added to continue to support Joomla! 2.5. and to avoid blank pages in the plugin settings. [Thank you, Andreas Ebert]
- # Minor bug fixes and code improvements.
You can see the full changelog here.
New Features in Screenshots
Watch the video in full screen and choose the high definition at 720p (HD)
That’s all folks! 🙂
Hope you found this major release very useful and you will be happy with the new functionalities about EU GDPR Compliance.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Thank you very much.
Founder & Lead Web Developer, Web357