Documentation for Failed and Successful Login Attempts
Get familiar with the basic setup and structure of "Failed Login Attempts".
First of all, make sure you always download the latest version (currently version is 2.2.0).
Login to the Member Area and grab the latest release of pro version. An active membership is required.
Not subscription required for the free version. You can use the free version on any Joomla! website.
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_failedloginattempts_v2.2.0.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 2.5/3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_failedloginattempts_v2.2.0.zip" and the "Failed Login Attempts" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
- Navigate to Extensions > Plugin Manager and activate the plugin "Failed Login Attempts".
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Failed Login Attempts" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Failed Login Attempts" in action here: https://demo.web357.com/joomla/failed-login-attempts.
- Enable logs for backend (Store the Failed login attempts of joomla! backend).
- Enable logs for frontend (Store the Failed login attempts of joomla! frontend).
- Successful Login Attempts (Store the Successful login attempts of joomla! frontend).
- Direct E-mail Notifications (Receive direct notifications via email about the Failed and Successful login attempts of joomla! backend and frontend).
- Store Logs in the Database (Store all, successfull or failed, login attempts in the database).
- Data Storing: IP Address
- Data Storing: Username
- Data Storing: Password
- Data Storing: Date Time
- Data Storing: Country
- Data Storing: Browser
- Data Storing: Operating System
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
In the FAQ section, you can find a list of useful frequently asked questions that maybe answer your question.
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.