Documentation for Monthly Archive
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_monthlyarchive_v4.4.4.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_monthlyarchive_v4.4.4.zip" and the "Monthly Archive" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Monthly Archive" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Monthly Archive" in action here: https://demo.web357.com/joomla/monthly-archive.
- Fully customizable with many parameters.
- Responsive Design.
- SEO Friendly URLs.
- MVC support.
- Based on Joomla! coding standards.
- Multi-Language support.
- Integration with 3rd party extensions: K2 component and JComments component.
Many Useful Parameters
- CONTENT TYPE: You can either display directly the list of Articles instead of displaying only the list of Months and Years.
- STATE: You can choose a different type of article state to be displayed. You can either show all articles, the featured articles, the non-featured articles or both. The published or unpublished articles, the trashed articles, and of course the archived articles (from Joomla core functionality).
- CUSTOM TEXTS: Custom Page Titles and Welcome Messages. Another useful feature to set your custom texts for the page title and the welcome message for each content type (months/years list or list of articles) separately. Also, you can hide the page title or the welcome message, again in each content-type separately.
- INCLUDE/EXCLUDE CONTENT: Another great feature is to display any content you want to be displayed. You can choose which content items to include or exclude from your Archive, specific years, months, categories, authors, and articles.
- UIkit FRAMEWORK: It is based on the fantastic UIkit framework of Yootheme team. The UIkit is a lightweight and modular front-end framework for developing fast and powerful web interfaces.
- SEARCH FORM: Choose the input form fields that will be displayed in the search form. Select those that are useful for your Users. You can show the date select field, the order select field, the author's select form field, and the search input text. Also, you can show/hide each form field in each content-type separately.
- LAYOUT: There are multiple new useful parameters to customize the layout for each content type separately, the list of months/years and the list of articles. For example, you can choose if you want to display the years in an accordion style. You can select the ordering of years, most recent years first, or oldest years first. To avoid big lists, you can set your own limits (e.g. display only the three most recent years and their months).
- IMAGES: We add more powerful parameters for images. You can show or hide the image. You can choose if your image will be displayed with a link or not. You can choose the image type (the intro image, the full, the auto-detect from the content item or the blank image). Finally, you can set your preferred image dimensions (width and height).
- COMMENTS: You can show an icon with the count of comments (from jcomments or k2) beside the content title, like hits.
- MODULE: The module has also been re-written from scratch with bug fixes, speed optimizations, and new features just as the component has.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
In the FAQ section, you can find a list of useful frequently asked questions that maybe answer your question.
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.