Fix 404 Error Links – Joomla! component
The SEO Tool for Admins is a useful extension for any Joomla! website. This extension has been created to deal with the log 404 (Page not Found) errors. It allows any website administrator to manage and fix the problematic links, as well as redirect them to the desired page.
Fix 404 Error Links v1.3.2 - Changelog
+ Added ! Removed ^ Changed # Fixed 07-Dec-2018 : v1.3.2 # [Bug Fixed] Declaration of Fix404errorlinksControllerError404logs... [Many thanks to Bianka Craanen] # [Bug Fixed] Fix publishing issues after upgrading from Joomla! 3.9.1 ^ [Improvement] Allow regular expressions for Find and Replace method. 09-Aug-2018 : v1.3.1 # [Bug Fixed] There was a fatal error after deleting the error logs. [Many thanks to Bianka Craanen and Rob de Ruiter] 09-Aug-2018 : v1.3.0 + Compatible with the latest version of Web357 Framework v1.7.x ^ Code Cleanup. # Minor bug fixes and many improvements. 20-Mar-2018 : v1.2.0 # BUG Fixed: The fixed redirect URLs are adding a 4-digit number and the symbol "::". Before v1.1.0 everything was working fine. [Many thanks to Johann Piber] # BUG Fixed: jos-Error: Unknown column 'redirects.http_response_status_code' in 'field list'. [Thank you, Vito] # BUG Fixed: If you uninstall the component through Joomla! Extension Manager, the table `#__fix404_errorlogs` will not deleted. 16-Mar-2018 : v1.1.0 + NEW FEATURE: HTTP Status Code. If the HTTP status code of the URL is 404 (error page), then the plugin redirects the User to the destination URL you've set. If the HTTP status code of URL is 200 (a valid page that already exists), then the plugin redirects the User to the destination URL you've set. Also, there is an option to use both of them at the same time. + NEW FEATURE: Now you can set priorities for redirected (fixed) URLs by ordering them. ^ Functions Improved: The getOS() and the getBrowser() functions have been updated to get the most recent Operating Systems and Browsers. ^ The Demo and the JED link have been updated in the description tab, at Joomla! backend. ! The Web357 Download ID parameter field has been deleted from each extension settings and has been replaced by a unique API key parameter field at the Web357 Framework plugin settings. + A new button (Settings) has been added to the description tab at Joomla! backend. ^ Compatible with the latest version (1.6.0) of Web357 framework plugin. # Minor improvements. # Code cleanup. 06-Jul-2017 : v1.0.9 # Bug fixed after upgrade to J! 3.7.3. The admins can't enter text in the form fields from the plugin parameters. # Web357 framework has been updated to the version 1.4.5. 13-May-2017 : v1.0.8 + Compatibility for auto-updates via Watchful.li external service. [Many thanks to Valentin Barbu, Rafael Gaus, and Frank]. + Compatible with the latest version of Web357 Framework v1.4.3. ^ If the JED link does not exist yet, do not display the 'leave a review' text inside the plugin parameters. 04-Oct-2016 : v1.0.7 # Some issues after an update of a premium version, even if the customer has save correctly the download ID of his order, have been resolved. 05-Sep-2016 : v1.0.6 # Bug Fixed: mysql_real_escape_string() is a function from the legacy MySQL extension. Replaced with $db->escape(). # Bug Fixed: There are empty redirect links after importing from com_redirect Joomla! core component. # Bug Fixed: The Error URLs with double or single quotes are now allowed. # Bug Fixed: If the array of Error URLs is empty there was a PHP warning error "PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() ". + Some folders like "cache/" should be avoided. [Thank you, Georgios] ^ The default PHP function to sending emails "mail()", has been replaced with "JFactory::getMailer();". [Thank you, Dan]. ! Unnecessary comments have been removed. 17-Mar-2016 : v1.0.5 # Bug Fixed: Strict Standards: Non-static method plgSystemFix404ErrorLinks::W357FrameworkHelperClass() should not be called statically in fix404errorlinks.php on line 104,105. 08-Dec-2015 : v1.0.4 # Minor bug fixes after the latest upgrade from v1.0.3 07-Dec-2015 : v1.0.3 ^ Updated description. ^ Updated translations. 13-Nov-2015 : v1.0.2 + NEW Parameter Field: Download ID. You need to specify your Download ID before you can receive updates for the PRO versions. For more information please follow our instructions here: https://www.web357.com/apikey # Minor bug fixes. 05-Oct-2015 : v1.0.1 # Minor issues with jQuery and CSS have been resolved.. 06-Jul-2015 : v1.0.0 + First beta release
Many Useful Parameters
- Enable Error 404 Logging: Choose 'Yes' if you want to store all 404 Error Links in the database and then fix them. If you choose 'No', the error links will not be stored in the database and Admins will not be notified for 404 error links via Email. The default option is 'Yes'.
- Enable Logging from Bots: Choose 'Yes' if you want to store all 404 Error Links in the database from Search Engine Bots. If you choose 'No', the error links from bots will not be stored in the database and Admins will not be notified for 404 error links via Email. The default option is 'No'.
- Danger Strings Logging: Choose 'Yes' if you want to store in the database all 404 Error Links that have been marked as danger, and already exist in the 'Danger strings list' below.
- Email Notifications: Choose 'Yes' if you want to receive instant notification messages for the 404 Error Links. You will receive a detailed email that includes the error link data, the User data (e.g. Country, IP address, browser, operating System etc.) and an action button to Fix the Url immediately via Joomla! admin panel.
- Email Recipient: Enter the email of Recipient. If you leave the field blank and you have enabled the 'Email Notifications' field, the default email from Joomla! configuration will be used.
- Danger Strings Redirection: Choose 'Yes' if you want to redirect all 404 Error links that contain a danger string partially or in the entire URL.
- Danger Strings List: List of all danger strings. You can insert more danger strings, add one entry per row.
- Redirect Danger URLs to: All 404 Error links that contain a danger string partially or in the entire URL will be redirected to this Url.
How to redirect an Error Link and how Match Type works
In "404 error logs" page, at Joomla! back-end, you can see all error links and a "Fix it" button next to each error link. If you press that button you will be redirected to the Fix Link page and you will see a form with 4 fields (a. Old Full Url or Text *, b. Destination Url *, c. Comments, d. Published).
- Old Full Url or Text: "this/is/an/error/link"
- Match Type: "Full URL"
- Destination URL: "/this/is/a/valid/link/"
If a User or a Guest visits the link "http://domain.com/this/is/an/error/link/" he will be redirected to "http://domain.com/this/is/a/valid/link/".
- Old Full Url or Text: "is/a"
- Match Type: "Contains String"
- Destination URL.: "/this/is/a/valid/link/"
If a User or a Guest visits the link "http://domain.com/this/is/an/error/link/" he will be redirected to "http://domain.com/this/is/a/valid/link/" because the error link contains the string "is/a".
- Old Full Url or Text: "this"
- Match Type: "Start with String"
- Destination URL.: "/this/is/a/valid/link/"
If a User or a Guest visits the link "http://domain.com/this/is/an/error/link/" he will be redirected to "http://domain.com/this/is/a/valid/link/" because the error link starts with the string "this".
- Old Full Url or Text: "link"
- Match Type: "End with String"
- Destination URL.: "/this/is/a/valid/link/"
If a User or a Guest visits the link "http://domain.com/this/is/an/error/link/" he will be redirected to "http://domain.com/this/is/a/valid/link/" because the error link ends with the string "link".
- Old Full Url (find): "link"
- Match Type: "Find and Replace"
- Destination URL (replace): "url"
If a User visits the link "http://domain.com/this/is/an/error/link/" he will be redirected to "http://domain.com/this/is/a/valid/url/" because the error link contains the string "link" and it has replaced it with the string "url".
Plans & Pricing
|Sites Support||Support for 1 Website||Support for 1 Website|
|Unlimited Domain Licenses|
|VIP Support via tickets|
Business Suitable for startups
- Get ALL Web357 Premium Joomla! and WordPress products.
- 1 Year access to Premium Updates and VIP Support Area.
- Support for Unlimited Websites.
Support & Documentation
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading the documentation:
- You can use our VIP Support area to ask your questions and report bugs.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] com
- Chat with us using Messenger or Skype.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.